|Governor's Harbour||242-332-2117 or 242-332-3500|
|Governor's Harbour Clinic||242-332-2774 or 242-225-1406|
|Palmetto Point Clinic||242-332-1520|
|Rock Sound Clinic||242-334-2226|
In Case Of Medical Emergencies
The two HACE (Health Association of Central Eleuthera) Ambulances are on call 24 hours/day, 7 days/week and will respond to medical emergencies on Windermere.
Initial calls should be made to the Governor’s Harbour Police Station:
- Call Governor's Harbour Police at 242-332-2111
You may also call the Governor’s Harbour Clinic to contact the nurse on duty.
Call Governor's Harbour Clinic at 242-332-2774 or 242-225-1406
Clinic Hours (Monday-Friday): 9am-5pm
After clinic hours the call is redirected to the nurse on duty.
1. Once a call is made to the Governor’s Harbour Police Station, they will contact the Doctor or Nurse on duty. The Doctor or Nurse will, based upon specific information you provide about the medical emergency, determine the appropriate course of action and dispatch the ambulance. HACE will be notified of all relevant details of the emergency.
2. Be sure to provide your local phone number and address. Be specific about your house name, cottage or apartment or suite number, left or right over the bridge, etc.
3. Call Windermere Security 242-332-6330. Tell them that there is a medical emergency and alert them that the ambulance has been called and is on its way.
4. Stay with the patient until help arrives. If another person is present who is not needed to help care for the patient, have them go to the road to flag the ambulance when it approaches.
In most situations, the ambulance will pick up the Doctor or Nurse in Palmetto Point en route to the island. In very serious emergencies, the doctor usually precedes the ambulance to the island. Response time is usually no more than 20 minutes to Windermere.
HACE ambulances carry defibrillators, oxygen, pulse oximeters, and other medical supplies. A voluntary private donation may be given to HACE should you so wish (suggested amount $100).